Filipinos who wish to travel to Guatemala must first obtain a visa, whether the purpose of the trip is for tourist, business or employment. To do so, a Guatemalan guarantor would need to apply for a visa on their behalf directly to the Guatemalan Immigration Office in Guatemala City.
The following documents need to be supplied by a Guatemalan Guarantor:
- Letter of guarantee authenticated by a Guatemalan public notary, addressed to the Director General of Immigration.
- Authenticated copy of Guarantor’s Identification document card. If Guarantor is a public notary of the company’s incorporation, trade patent and official appointment of representatives.
- Statement of Guarantor’s financial capacity, duly authenticated by Guatemalan notary.
- Copy of invited foreign applicant’s passport, authenticated by Guatemalan notary.
- Applicant must pay the amount of Q0.50 cents stamp tax for each authenticated page.
- Upon approval of visa, applicant will be notified by the Embassy and will have to send the required documents.
- 1 photo sized 3 x 4cm
- Valid passport
- Fully accomplished and duly signed application form
- Onward or return ticket
- Bank or credit card statements for the last 3 months
- Proof of employment (Certificate of Employment or Employment Contract).
- For business visa:
- Letter from the company indicating the nature and status of company as well as the planned activities in Guatemala
- Photocopy of the passport endorsed by the Home Office/Embassy or authorities as being a true copy of the original
The Consular office for Guatemala does not process visa applications for Filipinos. They will be processed through:
Embassy of Guatemala – Consular Section
No. 38 Kowa Bldg., Room 905
4-12-24 Nishi-Azabu, Minato-ku
Tokyo 106-0031, Japan
Telephone: (03) 3400-1830
Visa Processing Fee:
The visa processing fee is US$25 to be transferred to the Embassy’s bank account. Any fees levied by the bank are to be paid for by the applicant:
Bank Account Information:
Bank name: CITIBANK N.A.
Branch name: HIROO
Bank Address: Hiroo Replex B’s
5-15-27 Minami Azabu, Minato-ku,
Tokyo (106-0047), JAPAN
Bank Tel. No. 81-3-5423-0335
Account name: CONSULADO GUATEMALA
Account No. 95433759
Type of account: Savings
Swift Code: CITIJPJT
The information provided here is subject to change without prior notice. For further details, you may contact:
5th Floor Ablaza Building
117 E. Rodriguez Sr. Avenue
Telephone: (632) 732-5151 / 732-5152
Fax: (632) 712-1964