Philippine citizens are required to secure a visa before traveling to the Holy See. It is important to note that even when you have already obtained a visa, border authorities reserve the right to check the documentation that was required for obtaining the visa itself.
General Requirements – Tourist Visa (up to 90 days):
- Fully accomplished and duly signed visa application form.
- Recent passport-size photo.
- Passport, valid for at least 3 months beyond visa expiry date.
- Return or onward trip booking, or proof of financial means for transport.
- Proof of accommodation in Italy.
- Proof of financial capacity for the duration of stay in Italy (as per Ministry of Interior Directive 1.3.2000)
- Documentation of socio-professional standing.
- Proof of travel health insurance policy with a minimum coverage of €30,000.
Further documentation may be asked by the Diplomatic or Consular Representative as needed.
Visa Processing Fee:
The fees are collected in Philippine pesos, but expressed in Euro:
- Single Fee for all Schengen visas: € 60
- Group visas (types, A, B and C): € 60 + 1 per person
For further information on visa requirements to visit the Holy See, please contact:
Embassy of Italy
6th Floor Zeta Condominium
191 Salcedo Street
Telephone: (632) 892-4531
Fax: (632) 817-1436