Filipino citizens intending to travel to Iceland must first obtain a visa in order to be allowed to enter the country. Aside from the visa, a Filipino must have a current passport that is valid for at least 3 months.
General Requirements – Tourist Visa:
- Original passport (to be shown only) and a photocopy of the passport.
- 2 recent photos (35mm x 45mm).
- 2 fully accomplished and duly signed application forms.
- Travel itinerary in English.
- Round-trip ticket or booking information.
- Proof of hotel accommodation.
- For tourist purposes:
- If employed: Certificate of employment from current employer.
- If student: Student school certificate.
- For business purposes:
- Letter from employer certifying the date and purpose of travel.
- Invitation letter from Iceland.
- Proof of adequate financial means to cover the cost of duration of stay in Iceland. This may be in the form of bank and/or credit card statements for the last 3 months.
- Applicants are strongly advised to submit the required documents in their original form, together with photocopies of each.
- Applicants must inform the Embassy or Consulate Office if the original documents should be returned to them upon submission.
- It is strongly advised that applicants submit their applications well in advance of their planned trip, as processing takes from 1 to 3 months.
- Visa application by proxy is allowed in some cases; however, a power of attorney must be presented by the proxy along with his or her Identification Card.
For more information on what exactly will be required at immigration, Filipinos should contact:
11th Floor Phinma Plaza
39 Plaza Drive
Telephone: (632) 818-4845 / 810-9526 ext. 371 / 870-0446 / 870-0371
Fax: (632) 818-8206 / 870-0433
Embassy of Iceland
Telephone: (813) 3447-1944
Fax: (813) 3447-1945