United States Visa online
STA Travel USA
Save $20 off any Air New Zealand student ticket from STA Travel when you use promo code NEWZEALAND at statravel.com. Valid through 3/31.
United Kingdom Visa online
Save between $20 and $100 on all Hotel Bookings Now with hotels.com!
Belize is a country located in the northern part of Central America, with Mexico and Guatemala as its nearest neighbors. It has many beautiful beaches, since the Caribbean Sea is on the eastern side of the country. Belizeans come from a multi-racial descent, which makes their culture very rich and diverse.
One of the main drives of Belize is tourism, offering visitors lots of opportunities to enjoy the natural beauty of the country. This can be done through eco-tours to natural historical sites, cultural immersion and marine adventures. They are also opening their doors to individuals who would want to invest or buy property in the country.
Citizens from the UK who have a UK passport that is valid for at least six months can travel to Belize and stay for not more than 30 days without the need for a visa. Although they must make sure that they get their passport stamped when they enter the country in order to avoid getting fined or put in prison. When they are leaving Belize there is also a departure tax that needs to be paid.
If the planned stay in Belize is more than 30 days, they can apply for a visa at the Belize High Commission in London. Or if they are already in Belize and would want to extend their stay, they can apply for an extension at any Immigration office in Belize.
General visa requirements:
- Fully completed application form (with signature of applicant and date of application)
- Passport with at least 6 months validity
- One recent passport-size photograph
- Proof of travel (copies of airline tickets or travel itinerary)
- Proof of accommodation (Hotel reservations, contact details of friends/relatives in Belize)
- Documents for purpose of trip:
- Educational – Introduction letter from University or educational institution
- Business – Introduction letter from company or organization (plus supporting documents)
- Paid visa application fees:
- Single entry – £60.00 (valid for 3 months from issuance date)
- Multiple entry – £110.00
- Postage and Handling fee – £5.00 (for each application sent by mail in the UK)
- Visa applications can be done personally by appointment at the Consular Section of the Belize High Commission in London in the following address:
BELIZE HIGH COMMISSION
Third Floor, 45 Crawford Place
Telephone:(44) 020 7723 3603
Fax: (44) 020 7723 9637
Office Hours: 10:00AM to – 6:00PM
Consular Hours: 10:00AM – 1:00PM (Monday to Friday)
- Visa applications, with complete documents, can also be sent by registered mail to the Belize High Commission in London, addressed to the Consular Section. Approved visa, passport and original copies of documents will be sent back to the applicant by registered mail, or by other means as specified. An additional postage and handling fee is required.
- All fees can be paid in cash beforehand at the High Commission, or through Bank drafts or International Money/Postal Order, which should be in the name of the BELIZE HIGH COMMISSION. Official Receipts will be given upon receipt of payment.
- Approved visas are usually released the day after application. Although there are some cases when applications need to be endorsed to the Director of Immigration and Nationality Services in Belize and may take 2 to 4 weeks to process.
- Individuals already in Belize and want to extend their stay for 30 more days will have to pay BZD$60.00 as extension fee at any Belize Immigration Office.
- When leaving Belize, there is a US$39.75 airport departure tax. This can be paid in cash (US dollars only) or through a credit or debit card. Those without US dollars can have their money changed at a bank in the airport. They will have to present their passport and boarding pass to the teller.