United States Visa online
STA Travel USA
Save $20 off any Air New Zealand student ticket from STA Travel when you use promo code NEWZEALAND at statravel.com. Valid through 3/31.
United Kingdom Visa online
Save between $20 and $100 on all Hotel Bookings Now with hotels.com!
British passport holders or UK citizens, overseas British Nationals, and British overseas territories citizens with residency rights in the UK do not need a visa to enter the country. However, UK travelers do need an official passport to stay in Finland for a maximum of 3 months within a 6-month period.
All UK travelers will need a passport valid for at least 90 days following your departure date from Finland. However, it is strongly recommend traveling with 6 months validity on your passport at all times.
Passport Blank Pages
Majority of destinations, including Finland, entails that you have adequate un-used pages in your passport, allowing for any necessary stamps upon arrival and departure. Travelers are recommended to have at least two free pages in the visa section of your passport before any international travel.
Confirm with your airline in case you have connecting flights overseas as part of your journey to Finland. Other countries you pass through en route to your destination may require a separate transit visa.
Visa Requirements for Non-UK Citizens
- Two (2) passport-sized pictures
- Two (2) signed and fully completed visa application forms
- Completed credit card and cover page authorization forms
- A valid passport with at least three months validity beyond the intended stay
- Photocopy of itinerary or airline tickets
- Proof of a travel, accident or health insurance coverage
- The accident, health and travel insurance must be valid in Finland (the coverage should also be at least US$25,000)
- Invitation letter with the Host’s name and address
- If no invitation letter is sent, travelers must be able to present the address as well as the name of your host or data of the reservation you made from a hotel in Finland
Visits to Finland are mostly trouble-free, although travelers should be aware of the global risk of indiscriminate international terrorist attacks, which could be against civilian targets, including places frequented by foreigners.
You should be prepared for harsh conditions as Finland can be affected by severe cold weather in the winter months, particularly in the North.
This advice is based on information provided by the Foreign and Commonwealth Office in the UK. It is correct at time of publishing. Information gathered here are subject to change without prior notice; as situations can change rapidly, visitors are advised to contact the following embassies and organizations for the latest travel advice, consular information and confirmation:
Finn Embassy in London
38 Chesham Place
Telephone: (020) 7838-6200
Fax: (020) 7235-3680