United States Visa online
STA Travel USA
Save $20 off any Air New Zealand student ticket from STA Travel when you use promo code NEWZEALAND at statravel.com. Valid through 3/31.
United Kingdom Visa online
Save between $20 and $100 on all Hotel Bookings Now with hotels.com!
A valid UK Passport is required to travel to Germany. There are no visa requirements for British Citizens and EU passport holders.
Travelers will need a UK passport valid for at least 90 days following your departure date from Germany. Nevertheless, it is strongly recommend traveling with 6 months validity on your passport at all times.
Majority of destinations, including Germany, require that you have sufficient un-used pages in your passport, allowing for any essential stamps upon arrival and departure. It is recommended that you have at least two free pages in the visas section of your passport prior to any international travel.
Confirm with your airline in case of connecting flights overseas as part of your journey to Germany. It may be that countries you pass through en route to your destination may require separate transit visas.
To enter Germany without a visa, you must have one of these:
- British “European Community” passport issued in or after July 1988
- British “Isle of Man”, “Jersey” and “Guernsey and its dependencies” passport
- Travel Documents according with the Convention of July 28, 1951 or the Convention of September 28 1954. (These Travel Documents must be valid for at least another four months at the time of entry into Germany.)
- British Subject passport, with the additional entry: Holder has the right of abode in the United Kingdom.
- British Overseas Territories citizen passport, with the additional entry: Holder is defined as a UK National for community purposes.
- British Nationals Overseas (BNO) passport.
Information gathered here are subject to change without prior notice. UK passport holders traveling to Germany are advised to contact the German Embassy for further consular information and confirmations:
Embassy of the Federal Republic of Germany
23 Belgrave Square
Telephone: (020) 7824-1300 / 7824-1463 (Consular Section) / 09065-508-922 (recorded visa information)
Fax: (020) 7824-1435