Entry visas are required of all UK passport holders in order to be allowed to enter and stay in Kazakhstan for 30 days per entry. Kazakhstan visas are not issued upon arrival in the country. UK passport holders who are staying in Kazakhstan for more than 90 days must register with the Department for Visas and Registration under the Ministry of Internal Affairs. They must also have an original medical clearance certificate for HIV/AIDS. The Kazakhstan government is very strict which is why foreign nationals should follow their policies on visa and alien registration and requirements. Failure to do so can result in a 5 year ban from travelling to Kazakhstan.
General Visa Requirements:
- Fully accomplished and signed visa application form
- UK passport (with 6 months validity longer than duration of visa, at least 1 blank page)
- 1 passport-sized photo stapled to the indicated space in visa application form
- For tourist visa:
- Letter of request for visa (Addressed to Consular Section of the Embassy of Kazakhstan, with details of trip purpose, duration, itinerary and contact person in Kazakhstan)
- Paid visa fees: Single entry – £35.00, Double entry – £50.00, Triple entry – £75.00
- For diplomatic visa:
- Official letter from organization or department with details and purpose of trip
- No visa fees required
- For business visa:
- Letter of invitation from Kazakhstan host organization (for multiple entry visas) – Submitted to Kazakhstan’s Department of Consular Services of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs by the host, Letter from company of applicant with company details and purpose of trip
- Paid visa fees: Single entry – £50.00, Double entry – £65.00, Triple entry – £75.00, 1 year Multiple entry – £150.00, 2 year Multiple entry – £250.00
- For private visa:
- Letter of invitation from friends or relatives in Kazakhstan host(for stays longer than 30 days) – Obtained from Kazakhstan’s Department of Consular Services of the Ministry of, Foreign Affairs by the host and sent to applicant in the UK, Duration of stay is indicated in letter
- Paid visa fees: Single entry – £50.00
- For transit visa (5 days):
- Approved and original visa to destination country
- Copy of travel itinerary and tickets
- Paid visa fee – £15.00
- For applications for accompanying minors:
- Letter of request for visa – Addressed to Consular Section of the Embassy of Kazakhstan, with details of trip purpose, duration, itinerary and contact person in Kazakhstan, Approved and original visa to destination country
- Copy of passport/s of parent/s travelling with minor
- Copy of birth certificate of minor
- For those travelling with one parent, letter of permission to travel from other parent
- Visa applications can only be submitted personally at the Consular section of the Embassy of Kazakhstan in London, Monday to Friday, 9:00AM to 12:00PM.
Embassy of Kazakhstan
- Embassy telephone numbers are for visa processing only and can be contacted between 3:00PM-4:00PM on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday. Inquiries about visa forms and requirements are discouraged.
- All visa fees can only be paid by debit or credit card, cheque or postal order made payable to the Embassy of Kazakhstan.
- Upon arrival in Kazakhstan, visitors must register at the nearest Kazakhstan Office of the Ministry of Internal Affairs within 72 hours. Failure to do so will result in a penalty that will be paid when leaving the country.
- Visitors will need permission from Kazakhstan’s Foreign Ministry, Interior Ministry and National Security Committee before travelling to the restricted areas of
- Gvardeyskiy village in Almaty Region
- Karmakchi and Kazalinsk
- UK passport holders must always remember to carry with them their white immigration card and to get it stamped by Kazakhstan immigration officials