UK citizens are not required to secure a visa prior to traveling to the Republic of Paraguay when traveling on tourism. Length of stay in Paraguay can be up to 90 days, and can be extendable to a further equal period, at the discretion of the National Immigration Office and not exceeding 180 days in any twelve-month period.
If you intend to stay in Paraguay for longer than three months (e.g. set up a business, work or study) you should contact the Paraguayan Embassy in London. They can provide further assistance before traveling in order to make sure you get the necessary entry clearance documentation. It can be a lengthy process to regularize your status in the country if you arrive in Paraguay without the required documentation.
For up-to-date visa information, visit the embassy’s website or its office at:
Embassy of the Republic of Paraguay
344 High Street Kensington
Telephone: (020) 7610 4180
Fax: (020) 7371 4297
- Two valid official visa application forms fully completed and signed by the applicant.
- The original passport valid for at least six months (+2 photocopies from the personal data page)
- Return air ticket or flight itinerary (+ 2 photocopies)
- Proof of economical solvency: bank statement (+ 2 photocopies) or 2 photocopies of applicant’s Credit Card.
- For those participating in conferences, seminars, artistic or sports events, and to study in Paraguay, an invitation letter is required (+ 2 photocopies)
- For those travelling for business, a company letter is required, indicating purpose, length of stay, contact name, telephone and address in Paraguay. If the company is granting economic support, then no proof of economic solvency of the applicant is required.
- Journalist (non correspondents), TV and filming crews & professional photo shots: a letter from the company or institution to which the applicant is linked. When carrying professional equipment, a detail list is required to facilitate procedures with Paraguayan Customs for the temporary importation of the equipment to Paraguay.
Tourist and Business visa are the only type of visa issued by the Embassy.
For Working and Resident visa, visit the section Immigration Legal Regime Residents in the UK: make an appointment for interview (by e-mail only).
Consular Working hours: 10:00 AM to 03:00 PM Monday to Friday
Single (valid for one entry only) £43.00
Multiple (valid for multiple entries) £67.00
- Cheques must be in Sterling Pounds and payable to the Consulate of Paraguay.
- Payments can be also made by cash or bank transfer (see bank details on http://www.paraguayembassy.co.uk/legalisations.htm). Proof of deposit is required.
Important Notice: The information provided here are subject to change without prior notice. For confirmation on visa requirements and fees, you may consult with the Embassy or Consulate for Paraguay near you.