British nationals are allowed to enter the Philippines without a visa granting that they have a valid passport, with 6 months remaining validity beyond the intended stay and an onward/return ticket. British travelers can stay up to 21 days visa-free. Those who will overstay the allowed number of days will be charged an overstaying fee and will face deportation at their expense.
Those who wish to stay for more than 21 days can secure a visa prior to traveling or request for an extension at the Bureau of Immigration in Intramuros, Manila. The following documents are required when applying for visa:
- Valid passport
- Visa application form: completely filled out and signed
- 2 passport size photos, recent
- Proof of status either as tourist or businessman
- Bank statement or any other proof of sufficient funds for the duration of the trip.
- Roundtrip or Onward Airline ticket
- For Business Trip: Letter from employer or the company to be visited stating the nature and duration of the trip
- Proof of payment of visa fees
The abovementioned requirements may change without prior notice. Additional documents may be requested when deemed necessary. The standard allowable extension is up to 59 days.
Minors (below 18 years of age) who will not be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian must secure a letter of consent from the Philippine consulate before the scheduled trip. If one parent will be traveling with the minor, a notarized letter of consent signed by the other parent must be presented.
Travelers who wish to take up non-degree courses such as computer and language must apply for a temporary visitor’s visa. Upon acceptance from the school or institution of choice, the traveler must apply for a Special Study Permit from the Bureau of Immigration’s Student’s Desk. Further information is available at www.immigration.gov.ph.
- Single entry valid for 3 months: US$30
- Multiple entry valid for 6 months: US$60
- Multiple entry valid for 12 months: US$90
For additional information on entry/visa requirements, please contact the Philippine Embassy in London.
Embassy of the Republic of the Philippines
8 Suffolk Street
Telephone: (020) 7937-1600 / 7361-4637 (Passport) / 7361-4642
Fax: (020) 7937-2925
Email: email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org (Consular)
Office Hours: Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm