British passport holders are not required to obtain visas in order to visit Serbia, for stays of up to 90 days. They will need to present their passports with minimum validity of at least the length of stay in Serbia; however it is strongly advised that British nationals ensure that the validity of passports exceed 6 months the length of stay for all international travel.
It is vital for all foreigners to register with the local police in their temporary area of residence within 24 hours of arrival in Serbia, unless they are staying in hotels where they will be automatically registered upon checking in.
Those intending to stay in Serbia for more than 90 days for any purpose must apply for a temporary residence permit well in advance of the expiration of the 90-day stay visa-free limit. These are can be applied for at the Embassy of Serbia in the UK, but are also granted by the police in the district in which foreigners should have already been registered.
General Requirements – Temporary Residence Permit/Visa (Type D Visa):
- Passport with validity of at least 90 days from issue date of the visa being applied for.
- Fully accomplished and duly signed visa application form.
- 3,5 x 4,5 cm photograph.
- Proof of reasons for stay in Serbia. Please check the information on required documents depending on the reasons of temporary stay in Serbia at the Republic of Serbia Ministry of Interior website.
- If applicant is not residing in native country: Proof of residence.
- Evidence of sufficient financial means to support stay in Serbia.
- Consular fee of £29.
- If submitting application to the Embassy by post: Additional £5 for the additional costs Recorded Delivery that will be used to return applicant’s passport.
- Only a copy of the passport, UK or Irish visa and previous Serbian visas issued should be submitted to the Embassy. The original passport will only be required after the authorization to issue a visa has been given.
- The Embassy reserves the right to ask for additional documentation when deemed necessary.
- Applicants should thoroughly complete their application forms and documents to be attached. Incomplete applications will not be processed and returned to the applicants at their cost. Their full address in the UK, as well as telephone numbers should be written legibly.
- Visa processing usually takes 3 weeks.
- Request for temporary stay permit can also be lodged at Serbia.
All British citizens traveling to Serbia are strongly advised to obtain the most current visa information before embarking on their trip. The information provided here is subject to change without prior notice.
Embassy of the Republic of Serbia
28 Belgrave Square
Telephone: (020) 7235-9049
Fax: (020) 7235-7092