British national visitors wishing to enter the Republic of Sierra Leone must obtain the appropriate visa to enable them to enter the country. Only visiting citizens of the West African Economic Community (ECOWAS) are exempted from this requirement. Non-citizens of ECOWAS countries must acquire visa in advance from a Sierra Leone Embassy, High Commission or Consulate.
Note: Sierra Leone visa is only a form of pre-entry clearance. It does not guarantee permission to enter Sierra Leone. The immigration Officer at the port of entry reserves the right to grant or deny admission. Visa holders are subject to the normal immigration control at any port of entry. Travelers to Sierra Leone require a valid visa each time they enter the country.
A Single Entry Visa is valid for three months (90days) from the date of issue. Among others, an invitation letter must accompany request for visitors or hotel confirmation.
A Multiple Entry Visa is valid for (6 months or 1 year) from the date issue.
Business Visa is for visiting applicants who manifest and demonstrate sufficient ability to conduct business in Sierra Leone. Visa application should be accompanied by an introductory letter from a credible company in the UK or a European country, stating the details and the purpose of the trip, the nature of business and contact in Sierra Leone.
- Fully completed visa application form
- Two (2) passport photographs
- Valid national passport & one copy
- Original of valid resident visa
- Confirmation letter from your health insurance stating coverage & one copy
- Proof of group travel/ hotel booking in Sierra Leone/ airline reservation for Sierra Leone & one copy
- Current bank statement & one copy
- Reference letter from your employer/ education institution
- Visa fees for Sierra Leonean Visa
Information gathered here are subject to change without prior notice. UK passport holders traveling to Sierra Leone are encouraged to contact the Embassy of the Republic of Sierra Leone for consular consultation and further information and confirmation:
Sierra Leone High Commission