UK citizens traveling to South Korea need a passport with remaining validity of at least 90 days following their departure date from South Korea. For short stays of less than one month, nationals of most countries, including the UK, will not be required to obtain a visa. Citizens of many countries will even be allowed to stay for 3 months without needing any visa documents. As long as the visit is specified to be for touristic or business purposes, and confirmed onward/return tickets are taken care of, there should generally be no trouble obtaining entry into South Korea.
General Visa Requirements:
(For stays longer than 90 days)
- A fully completed visa application form
- Two recent colored(2) passport photographs
- A valid UK passport & one copy
- An original valid resident visa
- Confirmation letter from your health insurance stating coverage & one copy
- Proof of group travel/ hotel booking in South Korea/ airline reservation for South Korea & one copy
- Current bank statement & one copy
- Reference letter from your employer/education institution
- Visa fees for South Korean Visa. Payable to: the Korean Embassy only either by cash or by postal order. Personal Cheques or Scottish pounds are not acceptable.
- For applications sent by post: Self-addressed, stamped return envelope marked with the correct postage for the return of your passport and other documents after visa processing.
* Please prepare photocopy along with original documents if you want to keep the original documents for yourself after visa process.
* Submitted documents will not be returned in any circumstances except for the passport.
Information gathered here are subject to change without prior notice. UK passport holders are encouraged to contact the Embassy of South Korea for further consular assistance and confirmation:
Embassy of the Republic of Korea
60 Buckingham Gate
Telephone: (020) 7227-5500 / 7227-5505 (Consular)
Fax: (020) 7227-5503