United States Visa online
STA Travel USA
Save $20 off any Air New Zealand student ticket from STA Travel when you use promo code NEWZEALAND at statravel.com. Valid through 3/31.
United Kingdom Visa online
Save between $20 and $100 on all Hotel Bookings Now with hotels.com!
British passport holders are allowed to travel to Taiwan without visas, and stay for 90 days. Once in Taiwan, the 90-day stay can be extended by another 90 days. However, British nationals wishing to stay in Taiwan for more than 180 days must obtain visas before they arrive. There are also specific visa rules in place for naturalized British Citizens born in the People’s Republic of China and holders of British National (Overseas) passports who are intending to enter Taiwan under the visa waiver program.
It is important that British travelers ensure their passports have at least 6 months’ remaining validity, as they will not be permitted to enter Taiwan if they fail this requirement.
General Requirements – Single/Multiple Entry Visa:
- British passport with remaining validity of at least 6 months beyond the date of expected departure from Taiwan.
- Fully accomplished and duly signed visa application form.
- 2 passport-size photographs.
- Confirmed airline reservation detailing departure and return or return ticket or E-ticket.
- Other original documents supporting the purpose of the visit (e.g. a business letter, school letter, or an invitation letter from a sponsor in Taiwan), and a recent bank statement.
- If applying by post: Self-addressed and stamped return envelope.
- For single entry: Visa fee of ￡32.
- For business purposes:
- A letter of confirmation from the applicant’s employer in the U.K., clearly stating the purpose of the trip.
- A letter of invitation from a company in Taiwan.
- For multiple entry: A visa fee of ￡64.
- All documents must come with photocopies. Failure to submit photocopies of all documents may result in delays or rejection of the application.
- The Consular Office reserves the right to ask for additional documents when deemed necessary.
- The visa fees can be paid by cash or Company cheque, postal order or bank draft made payable to the Taipei Representative Office in the UK. The visa applicant’s name, address and telephone number should be written on the back. Personal checques are not accepted.
The information provided here is subject to change without prior notice. All persons from the UK traveling to Taiwan should consult the Taipei Representative Office in advance of departure date.
Taipei Representative Office
50 Grosvenor Gardens
Telephone: (020) 7881-2650 / 4
Fax: (020) 7730-3139
1 Melville Street
Telephone: 01312-206886 / 90