Click Here for the Best Honolulu Hotel Deals!
Save Big NOW on all Hotel Bookings with a $100 Cash Back Rebate!
STA Travel USA
$20 off QANTAS Airways Student Tickets at STATravel.com with code QANTAS. Valid through 3/31 so book now!
Find Last Minute Deals at hotels.com!
British passport holders need visas to enter Turkey. Ordinary passport holders can obtain 3-month multiple entry visas at the Turkish border gates for a fee of £10. Exempt from the visa requirement are those entering the country on a cruise ship for a day trip and returning to the ship that same day. British travelers should ensure their passports are valid for at least 3 months beyond the date of expected departure from Turkey. Those holding a Travel Document will need to ensure these are valid for at least 1 year upon entry into Turkey.
Upon entering Turkey from any port of entry, all foreigners are advised to ensure that their passports are stamped to avoid detention and/or deportation for illegal entry.
Those described in their passports as being British Overseas Citizen, British Protected Person or British subject should check the visa requirements before traveling to Turkey.
- British passport with minimum validity of 3 months beyond the expiry of visa requested.
- Fully accomplished visa application form (downloadable in .doc format / online visa application)
- 1 passport size photograph affixed to the top left corner of the visa application form.
- Documents supporting the purpose of visit (e.g., letter of invitation, travel itinerary, round trip ticket, hotel reservation with payment guarantee, etc.).
- Proof of means of subsistence during stay in Turkey.
- If resident alien: Valid residence permit.
- For business visa: Invitation letter from counterpart company in Turkey.
- Non-refundable visa fee.
- The Embassy reserves the right to ask for additional documentation when deemed necessary.
- As a general rule, all first time visa applicants must apply in person at the Turkish Embassy or Consulate.
- Those lodging their applications by post should also provide a prepaid or self-stamped return envelope such as FedEx, DHL, and UPS, Express or any insured/certified mail. The Embassy will not be held liable for documents that may be lost while in transit. Please call the Embassy to verify their receipt of applications.
- Visa processing fees may vary depending on the type of visa applied for and nationality of the applicant. Please contact the Embassy to obtain the most accurate information on visa fees.
The information provided here is subject to change without prior notice. For confirmation on the most up-to-date visa and entry requirements for Turkey, British passport holders must contact:
Embassy of the Republic of Turkey
43 Belgrave Square
Telephone: (020) 7393-0202
Fax: (020) 7393-0066 (Chancery) / 7393-9213
Turkish Consulate General
Telephone: (020) 7591-6900
Fax: (020) 7591-6911