Entry visa is required of all British nationals prior to arrival in Afghanistan. Afghan entry visas are not issued upon arrival in the country. Women who are traveling alone with children are required to provide documentary proof of parental responsibility in order to be granted entry to or even exit from Afghanistan.
- Fully accomplished and duly signed visa application and supplemental forms.
- Passport with at least six months validity period and one empty page left.
- One passport-sized photo attached to the appropriate box on the application form. (Photos must be recent and identical, taken directly off the face with both ears visible)
- For tourist visa: documentary proof confirming your current address in the U.K. (utility bills, municipal papers, etc.)
- For employment or business visa: Current or prospective employers must contact the Consular Department of the Afghan Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Kabul.
- Application processing fee. (non-refundable)
- Return registered postal cost or a registered, self-addressed envelope.
- Only single-entry visas valid for one month stay are usually issued. British nationals who wish to stay longer in Afghanistan can apply to the Consular Section of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Kabul for an extension.
- Double and multiple entry visas valid for a period of up to six months can be issued under extraordinary conditions.
- British nationals must personally apply for ordinary, tourist, employment or business visas.
- Application for Diplomatic and Service visas for government employees can be made by post or in person.
- Applications are processed in order of receipt by the Consular Section.
- Incomplete documents submitted will be returned to the applicant, unprocessed.
- Original documents that were submitted as support for the visa application will be returned to the applicant after processing.
Visa Processing Fee:
Payment for fees and other consular charges must be made in £ or US$. Other currencies will not be accepted. Those who are applying by post must include a Bank Cheque (certified cheque) payable to the ‘Embassy of Afghanistan, London’. The certified bank cheque must be sufficient for the total amount payable to the Embassy and sent by post together with the visa application form. Those applying personally can make direct payments to the bank or through credit or debit cards at the Consular Section. The application processing fees inclusive of postage costs are as follows:
- One month, single-entry tourist visa: £ 50
- Two months, double entry visa: £ 100
- Transit visa (up to 6 days): £ 50
- Three months, multiple entry visa (issued only in extraordinary cases): £ 150
- Six months, multiple entry visa (issued only in extraordinary cases): £ 260
- Entry permit for work visas: £ 50
- Any visas for Diplomatic and Service passport holders: Free of charge
- Entry permit for travelers of Afghan descent holding non-Afghan passports: Free of charge
- Permanent employees of the United Nations, Red Cross and other particular inter-governmental bodies: Free of charge
- Expedited processing of applications (service currently unavailable): Double the normal visa processing fee
- Return postage cost:
- Up to five passports – £ 6
- For more than five passports – £ 20
Important Notice: All applications by post must be sent through Registered Mail to:
Embassy of Afghanistan in London
31 Princes Gate
London, SW17 1QQ
The Embassy will not be held responsible for any loss of documents which are not sent as registered post.
Please note that the rules and regulations for Visa entry to Afghanistan by UK passport holders are subject to change at any time.