Click Here for the Best Honolulu Hotel Deals!
Save Big NOW on all Hotel Bookings with a $100 Cash Back Rebate!
STA Travel USA
$20 off QANTAS Airways Student Tickets at STATravel.com with code QANTAS. Valid through 3/31 so book now!
Find Last Minute Deals at hotels.com!
Belgium is a member of the Schengen agreement, and individuals from the United Kingdom can gain entry to Belgium without the need for a visa as long as they would only stay for less than 90 days. They should have a passport and valid longer than the duration of their stay in Belgium. They should also be able to show documents, if needed, to prove they have accommodations in Belgium, return tickets to the UK and enough financial means for their stay. British citizens who intend on staying in Belgium for more than 90 days are required to get a visa.
For Belgian and Schengen visa, UK residents may now apply at the Visa Application Center of the Embassy of Belgium in London. The Belgian Embassy created the Visa Application Center to provide faster service for visa applications. This new system eliminates long lines, waiting times for visa processing and allows applicants to check the status of their application through a tracking system in the Visa Application Center’s website. First time applicants should apply by appointment personally, or if they cannot appear in person ask an immediate relative to apply on their behalf. Individuals who have been issued Belgian and Schengen visas before can send their applications by registered mail.
General visa application requirements:
- Passport not older than 10 years (with at least 12 months validity and at least 2 blank pages)
- Fully accomplished visa application forms (2 copies, with original signature of applicant)
- Recent colored passport size photos (2 copies, plain light-colored background)
- Medical certificate issued not older than six months by a doctor authorized by the Belgian Embassy
- Travel insurance
- For visitor visa/Family reunification: Official copy of applicant’s birth certificate, Official copy of marriage certificate (for married partners), any Official proof of relationship of relative in Belgium, Belgian identity card or residence permit of partner or relative in Belgium, proof of financial subsistence of partner or relative in Belgium
- For working visa: Valid and original Type B work permit and employer permit obtained by employer in Belgium (for employees, Au Pair, and long internship). Recent Judicial records covering the previous year, Professional card obtained from Belgian Embassy (for professionals/self-employed), letter of invitation from host or employer
- For student visa: Proof of application, or admittance and/or registration in educational institution in Belgium, proof of financial support and means for student, certificate of good conduct (for individuals over 18, certificate must be recent and cover the past 5 years), proof of accommodations in Belgium, travel tickets
- First time visa applicants should apply personally by appointment at the Visa Applications Center (address below). If they cannot apply in person, an immediate relative may submit their application for them. The representative must have an authorization letter and a proof of relationship to the applicant.
- Individuals who have been given Schengen visas before can send their application by registered mail to:
Belgium Visa Application Centre
1-8 Bateman’s Building
South Soho Square
London W1D 3EN
- Documents submitted must be original and authenticated as indicated, but photocopies can be submitted if originals are not required. Documents will not be returned to applicant.
- Visa processing time can take anywhere from 2 to 15 days for those with complete documents.
- Status of applications can be checked after 2 working days (after 11:30AM) through the tracking system in the Visa Application Center’s website.
- Approved visas can be claimed at the Visa Application Center. If a relative will claim the visa for the applicant, they must bring the official receipt, a valid ID and authorization letter from applicant.
- Approved visas can also be sent to the applicant through Special Delivery for an additional £7.40. Or they can include a prepaid Special Delivery envelope with their application.
- Visa application fee is for £144.00, with an additional £24.00 service fee. All fees cannot be refunded
- Visa application fees can be paid by cash, credit or debit card and Postal Orders addressed to the Belgium Visa Application Centre. Cheques and Direct bank transfers are not accepted.
- Medical Certificates can be obtained from the following medical practitioners approved by the Embassy of Belgium in London
Dr. Christopher Leigh & Partners
11 Wychall Lane, Kings Norton
Birmingham B38 8TE
Telephone: (0121) 628-2345
Dr. R. JONES, Dr. D. A. RICHARDS
Thornhill, Excaliber Drive,
Cardiff CF4 9BB
Telephone: (02920) 750-322
The Chaucer Hospital
Health Screening/Occupational Health department
Kent CT4 7AR
Telephone: (01227) 825-137
Dr. R. PREMNATH
The White Cliffs MC
143 Folkestone Road
Dover CT17 9SG
Telephone: (01304) 206-251
Dr. J. SHELLEY
College Clinic, PO Box 517
Regal House, Queensway
Dr. L. BARE
The Health Centre
11 Hull Road,
Hessle, North Humberside
Telephone: (01482) 645-295
Dr. A. P. VINCENT, Dr. S. SLAFFER
Island Medical Centre
14 Gloucester Street
St. Helier, Jersey
Telephone: (01534) 516-151
Woodgrange Medical Practice
40 Woodgrange Road
London E7 OQH
Telephone: (0776) 394-2297
Dr. Steven SPERBER
137 Brent Street,
London NW4 4DJ
Telephone: (020) 8202-3101
Dr Georges SIMMONS
14-18 Newton Road,
London W2 5LT
Telephone: (020) 7229-4578 / 72215151
Dr. Etienne CALLEBOUT
115a Harley Street
London W1G 7HG
Telephone: (020) 3230-2040
Dr. Hamish A. H. Reid and Dr. A. Drummond Begg
Penicuik Medical Practice
37 Imrie Place
Penicuik EH26 8LF
Telephone: (0196) 867-2612
Dr J. R. FRANKLIN
Devon PL3 4DP
Telephone: (01752) 562-569
Dr. Marc JACOBS
Edzell Health Centre
Edzell By Brechin
Telephone: (01356) 648-209
- For further inquiries and updates, The Embassy of Belgium in London is located at: