British nationals or UK passport holders must obtain a visa before traveling to Burkina Faso.
- Valid passport
- Two fully-accomplished application forms, duly signed
- Two passport-sized photos
- Certificate of vaccination for yellow fever
- Self-addressed, prepaid return envelope with tracing number
- Applications are processed within 72 working hours.
- Application forms which have not been completely filled in, or missing required documents may cause a delay in processing
- Cholera immunization is advised, and may be required in the event of a Cholera outbreak
Visa Processing Fee:
Processing fees must be paid for by money order or company cheque only.
- Single-entry, 3 months: US$105
- Multiple entry, 3 months: US$135
- Single-entry, 6 months: US$145
- Multiple entry, 6 months: US$175
- Single-entry, 1 year: US$190
- Multiple entry, 1 year: US$220
Important Notice: There is no British High Commission in Burkina Faso, and in case of emergencies, you should contact the British Embassy in Accra, Ghana. The Honorary Consul of Burkina Faso to the UK may offer limited consular assistance. Be advised that taking photos of airports, military barracks, and vicinity of government offices are strictly prohibited by law.
The requirements for entry visa are subject to change at any time. Burkina Faso is represented in the UK on a non-resident basis from its Embassy. For more information, you may contact the Consulate Offices or Embassy of Burkina Faso in France, where it may be possible to obtain a visa.
The Embassy of Burkina Faso in Paris, France
159 Boulevard Haussmann
75008 Paris, France
Telephone: (331) 4359-2185 / 4359-9063
Fax: (331) 4256-5007
Consulate Offices of Burkina Faso in France
117 Rue Garibaldi
69006 Lyon, France
Telephone: (334) 3724-2390
Fax: (334) 3724-2391
473 Rue Paradis
13008 Marseille, France
Telephone: (334) 9171-9006
Fax: (334) 4250-2223
60 Rue du Tondu
33000 Bordeaux, France
Telephone: (335) 5696-1912