British passport holders who intend to travel to Kenya must obtain a visa, whether on arrival at an airport or in advance at the Kenya High Commission in UK.
There is a departure tax of US$20 and is usually included in the airline ticket price. This may also be payable in Kenyan Shillings. Travelers are advised to check with their carrier to confirm inclusion of the tax in the ticket price.
- Original passport, valid for at least 3 months from the date of entry to Kenya. Passport must have at least 1 blank page.
- Fully accomplished and duly signed application form.
- 1 recent passport size photo.
- Travel itinerary/Business letter/Letter of invitation from family and friends.
- For applications sent by post: Prepaid, self-addressed, stamped return envelope, preferably special delivery.
- Applicant’s daytime telephone number indicated.
- Certificate of immunization against yellow fever, malaria and cholera.
- Visa processing fee.
- Personal visa applications take 3 business days to process. Applications through post take 1 week to process from the date of receipt.
Visa Processing Fee:
The visa processing fee for applications submitted personally is to be paid in cash. Applications submitted by post are to include postal orders, bank drafts, or building society cheques made payable to Kenya High Commission. Personal cheques and credit cards are not acceptable.
- Single entry: £30
- Multiple entry: £60
- Transit visa: £10
For more information on visa requirements, British nationals can contact:
Kenya High Commission