Travelers from Commonwealth countries including the United States of America, are not mandated to obtain a visa to gain entry to Botswana, except in cases where the Minister of Labor and Home Affairs has instructed otherwise. Botswana has also signed visa abolition agreements with some countries including the United States of America, and their passport holders are not required to obtain entry visa.
Requirements for visa application:
For Tourist Visa:
U.S. passport holders do not need a visa to enter Botswana for tourism, and may stay up to 90 days.
For Business Visa:
U.S. passport holders do not need a visa to enter Botswana for business, and may stay up to 90 days.
However, if a person visiting Botswana wants to stay more than three months, he must apply before entering Botswana to the Chief Immigration Officer, P. O. Box 942, Gaborone, telephone number (267) 361-1300.
For other visitors to Botswana:
- A completed immigration supplementary form D or Visa form.
- A letter of support from your host.
- Two identical passport size photographs
- Fee of P500.00 (around USD 72.00)
- A return visa or residence permit from traveler’s country of residence.
- Return air ticket.
- A confirmation letter from the country if the person is coming for business purposes.
- Waiver from Labor and Immigration Department.
- A copy of acknowledgment slip for residence permit application.
Information gathered here are subject to change; travelers are encouraged to contact The Embassy of the Republic of Botswana for confirmation.
Embassy of the Republic of Botswana
1531-1533 New Hampshire Ave. N W
Washington DC 20036