United States Visa online
STA Travel USA
Save $20 off any Air New Zealand student ticket from STA Travel when you use promo code NEWZEALAND at statravel.com. Valid through 3/31.
United Kingdom Visa online
Save between $20 and $100 on all Hotel Bookings Now with hotels.com!
Different countries have specific requirements before permitting any person or nationality to stay in their territory for a certain amount of time. In order for US passport holders to be allowed to gain entrance to the Republic of The Gambia, they must first acquire a Gambian visa, although there are occasions when travelers entering the Gambia are permitted entry without the need for a visa and stay in the country from anywhere from 3 to 21 days. The US government highly suggests that US passport holders who intend to travel to the Gambia to obtain a Gambian visa before travelling to the country, since Gambian immigration officials have no consistent procedure for granting visas upon entry, this also lessens the chances of encountering any trouble once in the Gambia. A US citizen can apply for a Gambian visa as long as he or she has a valid US passport and other necessary requirements.
Visa Application Requirements:
- Valid US passport
- One passport-sized photo (recent with applicant’s name and passport number written at the back)
- Gambian visa application form (Fully completed and signed)
- Paid visa application fees: (non-refundable)
- Visa (valid for 5 years) US$100.00
- Express service fee US$50.00
- Proof of yellow fever vaccination
- Visa applications can be done in person or submitted by mail to:
Embassy of The Gambia to The Unites States of America
Suite 240, Georgetown Plaza
2233 Wisconsin Avenue, NW
Washington, D.C., 20007
Telephone: (202) 785-1399 / 785-1379 / 785-1425
Fax: (202) 785-1430
- Visa applications can be submitted or picked up during:
- Monday to Thursday – 11:00AM to 2:00PM
- Friday – 11:00AM
- If visa applications come with complete requirements, processing time can take only three to four days
- An interview in person or by telephone may be required if needed
- All fees can only be done in money order and should be payable to the Embassy of Gambia.
- Individuals who would like their visa and passport delivered to them should attach a Prepaid self-addressed envelope (FedEx, UPS, Express or Priority Mail)
- There is a US$10.00 tourist airport tax collected upon arrival in the Gambia