US citizens do not need visas to Trinidad and Tobago for tourism or business-related visits of 90 days or less. They would also need their US passports with validity of at least 6 months beyond the departure date from Trinidad and Tobago. Anyone traveling to an international destination is advised to check passport validity requirements with their airlines. As such, valid US passports are required in order to board US-bound flights from Trinidad and Tobago. Airlines are no longer allowed to board US citizens on expired US passports or US passport cards alone.
Visas are required for travel for purposes other than business or tourism. Compensated and even some voluntary work require work permits from the Trinidad and Tobago government. These would have to be applied for before traveling to the territory.
- Fully accomplished and duly signed visa application form.
- 1 passport size photograph.
- For business purposes: Company letter containing details of the purpose of trip to Trinidad and Tobago.
- For work, missionary or educational purposes: Work permit, Missionary permit or Student permit.
- US passport with 6 months remaining validity beyond intended departure date from Trinidad and Tobago.
- Visa fee, non-refundable.
- Incomplete application forms and documentation will be returned to the applicant, unprocessed.
- Applicants who wish to have their passports returned to them by mail should include US$16.25 worth of stamps.
- Visa processing takes 5 business days.
Visa Processing Fee:
The Embassy does not accept cash as payment for visa fees. Only Money Order, Cashier’s Cheques and Company Cheques are accepted, to be made payable to the Embassy of the Republic of Trinidad and Tobago.
- Single entry: US$53.00
- Multiple entry: US$85.00
The information provided here is subject to change without prior notice. Please contact the Embassy for verification on visa and entry requirements.
Embassy of the Republic of Trinidad and Tobago
1708 Massachusetts Avenue