Click Here for the Best Honolulu Hotel Deals!
Save Big NOW on all Hotel Bookings with a $100 Cash Back Rebate!
STA Travel USA
$20 off QANTAS Airways Student Tickets at STATravel.com with code QANTAS. Valid through 3/31 so book now!
Find Last Minute Deals at hotels.com!
US citizens are required to obtain visas for entry into Uganda. Visas are obtainable at the Embassy of the Republic of Uganda in Washington, DC or at Entebbe Airport upon arrival. However, airline companies may also require passengers to have a visa to Uganda before boarding so it is best to verify this requirement, not only with the Embassy of Uganda, but with carriers as well.
Aside from an entry visa, US travelers will also need to present their US passports which must be valid for at least 6 months beyond the intended duration of the trip, proof of yellow fever vaccination. Children under 5 years old are also required to be immunized against polio.
- Fully accomplished and duly signed visa application form.
- 2 passport size photographs.
- Original US passport with validity of at least 6 months beyond the duration of stay in Uganda.
- For business purposes: Letter of invitation or introduction from counterpart in Uganda.
- International certificate of vaccination against yellow fever.
- For applications sent by mail: Prepaid, self-addressed USPS Express Overnight return envelope. No other mail or courier service accepted at this time.
- Non-refundable visa fee.
- Visa processing takes 2-3 business days.
- The visa application form must be completed. Incomplete forms will not be processed.
- The Embassy reserves the right to ask for additional supporting documentation when deemed necessary.
- The entry visa does not determine how long a person may stay in Uganda. The Immigration authorities at the port of entry have the right to determine the length authorized stay. Tourists are generally given 1 to 3 months to stay in the territory.
Visa Processing Fees:
Visa fees must be paid by money order, made payable to Uganda Embassy upon submission of the visa application. Personal checks or cash are not accepted.
- Single entry, valid for 3 months from arrival date: US$50
- Multiple entry, valid for 6 months from arrival date: US$100
Extensions of stay may be requested at Ugandan Immigration headquarters which is located in Jinja Road in Kampala. It is important to note that overstaying is considered a serious offense in Uganda. A fine of up to $30 per day of unauthorized stay is charged and travelers may be detained until the fines are paid.
As these requirements are subject to change at any time, US passport holders are advised to contact the Embassy of Uganda for confirmation in advance of planned travel.
Embassy of the Republic of Uganda
5911 16th Street NW
Telephone: (202) 726-7100
Fax: (202) 726-1727
Permanent Mission of Uganda to the United Nations
336 East 45th Street
New York, NY
Telephone: (212) 949-0100
Fax: (212) 687-4517
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com