US citizens require visas to travel to Uzbekistan. It is important to note that those visiting individuals residing in Uzbekistan are required to obtain official invitation letters before applying for their visas. Tourist visas cannot be extended and also require the bearers to reside at hotels during their stay in Uzbekistan.
Upon entry into Uzbekistan, all foreigners are required to complete 2 copies of customs declaration. These will be reviewed and stamped by customs officials. One copy will be given back to the traveler to be kept and surrendered at the time of departure and the other one will be retained by the Customs Authority.
When traveling by rail or land within Uzbekistan, brief exit into neighboring countries are sometimes required; therefore, US citizens should ensure that they have multiple-entry Uzbek visas and a proper visa for the neighboring country. Failure to do so could lead to delays in travel.
All foreigners staying in Uzbekistan for more than 3 business days must register with the Office of Entry, Exit and Citizenship (more commonly known as OVIR) in the district or city where they are staying. Only those staying in hotels are automatically registered. Depending on the traveler’s length of stay, a corresponding registration fee is charged.
In general, those staying for more than 15 days are required to be tested for HIV/AIDS.
- Fully accomplished and duly signed visa application form.
- Applicant’s original and valid US passport.
- 1 colored passport photograph.
- For private visits: Invitation Letter, issued by the Immigration Department of the Ministry of Internal Affairs of Uzbekistan.
- For transit visa: Visa and airline ticket for the next destination country.
- For applications sent by mail: FedEx or USPS Express Mail self-addressed envelope with prepaid postage.
Visa Processing Fee:
Only money orders or cashier’s checks are accepted modes of payment. Please make payable to the “Embassy of Uzbekistan”. The visa fee is non-refundable.
- Transit Visa (valid for 3 months, double entry, up to 72 hours stay for each entry: US$25.00
- Business, Private visits and Tourist Visa:
- 7 business day processing: US$140.00
- 3 business day processing: US$210.00
In all cases, additional “processing fee” in the amount of US$20 will be collected from the applicant for Private visit, Tourist and Business Visas, while the amount is US$10 for Transit Visas.
Processing of visa applications usually take 3 business days after receipt of the application.
The information provided here is subject to change at any time. US citizens are strongly advised to obtain the most current Uzbek visa information before traveling.
Embassy of Uzbekistan
1746 Massachusetts Avenue, NW
Telephone: (202) 887-5300 / 530-7291 (Visa Section)
Fax: (202) 293-6804 / 293-9633
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com
Consulate General of Uzbekistan
801 Second Avenue
New York, NY
Telephone: (212) 754-7403
Fax: (212) 838-9812