United States Visa online
STA Travel USA
Save $20 off any Air New Zealand student ticket from STA Travel when you use promo code NEWZEALAND at statravel.com. Valid through 3/31.
United Kingdom Visa online
Save between $20 and $100 on all Hotel Bookings Now with hotels.com!
For stays of up to 90 days within a 180-day period in Serbia, US citizens are not required to obtain visas. For these short stays, only a passport which is valid for at least 6 months beyond the date of departure from Serbia will have to be presented upon arrival.
All foreigners visiting Serbia are obliged to register with the local police in the town or city where they are staying within 24 hours of arrival. Those staying in hotels will be automatically registered upon check-in.
US citizens intending to stay in Serbia longer than 90 days during any 180-day period are required to apply for a temporary residence permit at the local police station with jurisdiction over your place of residence in Serbia. The permit can also be issued to Americans at the Serbian Embassy or Consulates General, but these should be confirmed prior to traveling to Serbia.
General Requirements – Temporary Residence Permit/Visa (Type D Visa):
- Passport with validity of at least 90 days from issue date of the visa being applied for.
- Fully accomplished and duly signed visa application form.
- 3,5 x 4,5 cm photograph.
- Proof of reasons for stay in Serbia. Information on required documents depending on the reasons of temporary stay in Serbia is available at the Republic of Serbia Ministry of Interior website.
- For resident aliens: Proof of residence in the United States, such as Green Card, etc.
- Evidence of sufficient financial means to support stay in Serbia.
- Money order in the amount of US$47 and money order in the amount of US$3 payable to the Embassy of Serbia. Cash is acceptable if applying in person. A money order in the amount of US$3 will be refunded to the applicant if the visa request is not granted.
- For those applying to the Embassy by mail: Stamped, self-addressed return envelope.
- Photocopy of birth certificate and marriage certificate (if applicable).
- Official police report from the applicant’s state of residence in the United States. This document must be no more than 90 days old upon submission to the Embassy.
- All documentation must bear an “apostil” stamp from the government office from where they were obtained.
- The Embassy reserves the right to ask for additional documentation when deemed necessary.
- Applicants should thoroughly complete their application forms and documents to be attached. Incomplete applications will not be processed and returned to the applicants at their cost. Their full address in the US, as well as telephone numbers should be written legibly. P.O. Box addresses are not accepted.
- Visa processing usually takes 3 weeks.
- The request for temporary stay can also be lodged upon arrival in Serbia.
The information gathered here are subject to change without prior notice. All US citizens traveling to Serbia are strongly advised to obtain the most up-do-date information concerning visa requirements at:
Embassy of the Republic of Serbia
2134 Kalorama Road NW
Telephone: (202) 332-0333 / 332-0333 ext: 103, 104
Fax: (202) 332-3933 / 332-5974
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com
62 West 45th Street, 7th Floor
New York, NY
Telephone: (212) 596-4241
Fax: (212) 596-4363