Click Here for the Best Honolulu Hotel Deals!
Save Big NOW on all Hotel Bookings with a $100 Cash Back Rebate!
STA Travel USA
$20 off QANTAS Airways Student Tickets at STATravel.com with code QANTAS. Valid through 3/31 so book now!
Find Last Minute Deals at hotels.com!
Switzerland is party to the Schengen Agreement, allowing visa-free entry into the country and travel within the Schengen member countries to US citizens. This is valid for touristic and business purposes and stays of less than 90 days.
US citizens visiting Switzerland must be in possession of US passports which have to be valid for at least 3 months following their departure from Switzerland, evidence of sufficient funds to cover their expenses, travel medical insurance, documents to support the purpose of their trip and return or onward airline tickets.
Green card holders are not exempt from the visa obligation for short stays in Switzerland.
General Requirements – Tourist Visa:
- Original and photocopy of valid US passport. The US passport must be valid for at least 3 months beyond the expected duration of the trip, and must have been issued within the last 10 years.
- Fully accomplished and duly signed Schengen visa application form. Applicants must indicate their email address and telephone number.
- 2 recent passport photographs (must follow Schengen photo requirements).
- Original and photocopy of proof of residency in the USA (valid permanent resident card or Green Card, H1B visa, F1 visa, etc.).
- Photocopy of flight itinerary or ticket. Open tickets are not accepted.
- Hotel reservations.
- If applicable and requested, a valid visa in the applicant’s passport for the destination country applicant is visiting after leaving the Schengen territory.
- Proof of adequate funds: recent bank statement or letter from bank, indicating applicant’s name, address, and current balance. US$100 is a required daily minimum to cover expenses in Switzerland. Notarized copies are required if applying by mail.
- If employed: Letter from employer specifying applicant’s position and salary.
- If self-employed: Photocopy of business license and tax return.
- Proof of travel medical insurance verifying international coverage of at least US$50,000.00 for each:
- Emergency medical expenses
- Emergency hospital treatment
- Repatriation for medical reasons
- If applying by mail: Prepaid, self-addressed return envelope with tracking number.
- Non-refundable visa fee.
Visa Processing Fee:
The US$81.00 visa fee must be paid in cash or by money order made out to the competent Consulate or Swiss Embassy when submitting the application. If applying by mail, the applicant must include a money order only.
The above-mentioned visa requirements are subject to change at any time. US passport holders are responsible for confirming the most current visa requirements before making travel plans to Switzerland by contacting:
Embassy of Switzerland
2900 Cathedral Ave. NW
Telephone: (202) 745-7900
Fax: (202) 387-2564
633 Third Avenue, 30th floor
New York, NY
Telephone: (212) 599-5700
Fax: (212) 599-4266
1349 West Peachtree Street NW
Two Midtown Plaza, Suite 1000
Telephone: (404) 870-2000
Fax: (404) 870-2011
737 North Michigan Avenue
(Entrance on Chicago Avenue)
Telephone: (312) 915-4500 / 915-0061
Fax: (312) 915-0388
11766 Wilshire Boulevard
Los Angeles, California
Telephone: (310) 575-1145
Fax: (310) 575-1982
Consulate General of Switzerland
456 Montgomery Street
San Francisco, California
Telephone: (415) 788-2272
Fax: (415) 788-1402