United States Visa online
STA Travel USA
Save $20 off any Air New Zealand student ticket from STA Travel when you use promo code NEWZEALAND at statravel.com. Valid through 3/31.
United Kingdom Visa online
Save between $20 and $100 on all Hotel Bookings Now with hotels.com!
US citizens intending to travel to Venezuela are required to obtain visas and tourist cards in order to enter the country. Tourist cards are issued on flights originating from the US to Venezuela for those who are staying for a maximum of 90 days. For non-touristic purposes, or stays of more than 90 days, a visa must be obtained in advance of travel.
In addition, US citizens must ensure that their passports are valid for at least 6 months from the date of arrival in Venezuela, and that they are in good condition. There have been reports of some US citizens who have been refused entry into Venezuela because their passports had a validity of less than 6 months and some US citizens have experienced delays or overnight detentions for presenting passports that were of poor condition.
Americans who are residing in Venezuela are also strongly advised to exercise caution and not employ intermediaries when obtaining documentation that are appropriate to their residence status in Venezuela. The Venezuelan government agency responsible for immigration documents, SAIME, has informed the Embassy that resident visas for which the bearer has personally signed at SAIME headquarters in Caracas are the only ones recognized as valid.
- Valid US passport with no less than 6 months before expiration.
- 1 fully accomplished and duly signed visa application form.
- 2 recent passport size photographs.
- For tourist stays of more than 90 days:
- Demonstrate intention of non-emigration to a consular official.
- Proof of residence in a foreign country.
- Proof of bank account.
- Proof of employment.
- Documentation of any buildings, businesses or industries owned.
- Documentation of family members residing in Venezuela.
- Proof of economic conditions or other interests that suggest the requester intends to return to her or his home country.
- For business purposes:
- Letter from employer stating the purpose and length of the travel, contact information of the company and name of the person to be contacted in Venezuela.
- Letter of invitation from the company to contact in Venezuela detailing the name of the person his phone, address as well as the activities that will be performed by the invitee.
- Registration in the business or commercial registry, chamber of commerce, trade or industry association is required.
- For transit purposes:
- Proof of intention to continue traveling to a third country, confirmed by the business providing travel.
- For religious purposes:
- A written request signed by the head of the Congregation, indicating the religion, type of worship or related activity, length of stay and address in Venezuela.
- For study purposes:
- A request letter from the student’s institution of learning should be presented, indicating the funds available to the student in Venezuela.
- An acceptance letter from the institution of learning where the studying will take place, or from the firm where the internship will take place.
- Academic titles and/or records.
Visa Processing Fee:
Only company checks or money order are accepted. Payment should be made out to “Embajada de Venezuela”.
- Transit and tourist visa: US$30
- Business, student and religious visa: US$60
Minors traveling alone, with only 1 parent or with a third party are required to obtain the relevant travel authorization by submitting the required documents. Without the authorization, immigration officials will prevent the child from leaving Venezuela.
Travelers coming from infected areas are required to present a certificate of yellow fever vaccination. Furthermore, those departing Venezuela to a destination that requires vaccine for the same, yellow fever vaccination is recommended, which must be administered at least 10 days prior to travel. The public is also advised of the risk of mosquito-borne diseases such as malaria and dengue which is common in some areas of Venezuela; visitors should take precautions to prevent infection.
Those departing Venezuela by airline are required to pay an exit and airport fee and authorities require the payment to be made in local currency. Non-US airlines usually do not include this fee in the airline ticket price. Travelers are advised to confirm this with their carriers.
All the information provided here are subject to change at any time. Travelers are advised to obtain the most current entry, exit and customs requirement for Venezuela before traveling.
Embassy of the Bolivarian Republic of Venezuela
1099 30th Street, NW
Telephone: (202) 342-2214
Fax: (202) 342-6820
With jurisdiction over Massachusetts, Maine and New Hampshire
545 Boylston Street
Telephone: (617) 266-9475 / 266-9368
Fax: (617) 266-2350
With jurisdiction over Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Minnesota, Iowa, Nebraska, Wisconsin, North Dakota and South Dakota
20 N Wacker Drive
Telephone: (312) 324-0907
Fax: (312) 580-1010
With jurisdiction over Texas, Oklahoma, Kansas and New Mexico
2401 Fountain View Drive
Telephone: (713) 974-0028 / 974-9002 / 974-0027
Fax: (713) 974-1413
With jurisdiction over Florida, Georgia, North and South Carolina
1101 Brickel Avenue
Suite 300 North Tower
Telephone: (305) 577-4214
Fax: (305) 372-5167
With jurisdiction over Louisiana, Arkansas, Missouri, Mississippi, Alabama, and Tennessee
400 Poydras Street
World Trade Center
New Orleans, LA
Telephone: (504) 210-1020 / 524-6700
Fax: (504) 522-7092
Email: email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org
With jurisdiction over New York, Connecticut, New Jersey, Rhode Island ,Vermont, Delaware, and Pennsylvania
7 East 51st Street
New York, NY
Telephone: (212) 826-1660
Fax: (212) 644-7471
With jurisdiction over California, Colorado, Hawaii, Nevada, Utah, Montana, Arizona, Alaska, Idaho, Oregon, Washington and Wyoming
311 California Street, Suite 620
San Francisco, CA
Telephone: (415) 294-2252
Fax: (415) 955-1970
With jurisdiction over Puerto Rico and US Virgin Islands
Edf Commercial Plaza
6th Floor Office 601
Ponce de Leon Avenue
San Juan, PR
Telephone: (787) 766-4250 / 766-4251
Fax: (787) 766-4255