United States Visa online
STA Travel USA
Save $20 off any Air New Zealand student ticket from STA Travel when you use promo code NEWZEALAND at statravel.com. Valid through 3/31.
United Kingdom Visa online
Save between $20 and $100 on all Hotel Bookings Now with hotels.com!
US Citizens who are planning on going to Angola must have a passport and have acquired beforehand a visa from the Embassy of Angola in the USA. This is the only place they can get an Angolan visa and should not expect to be issued one at the local airport in Angola. Since visa applications take several weeks to process, they must make sure to properly schedule their application. They may encounter problems, even be arrested, if they arrive in Angola without a proper visa. To lessen further difficulties, applicant’s passports must also have a validity of not less than six months and have at least one blank page. No exit visa is needed when leaving Angola, but visitors must make sure their passport is stamped with an exit date and time to ensure that they will not encounter troubles in the future. Visitors are also required to have immunization certificates for yellow fever, and if they do not have any to present, they may be required to undergo immunization and be subject to expensive fines. If an individual stays in Angola past their allowed visa duration, they may be arrested and need to pay fines. Angolan currency cannot be brought out of Angola and can be confiscated by customs police.
- Completed visa application forms, two copies, typewritten.
- 2 passport sized pictures, white background and recent (with name of applicant at the back, glued to application forms)
- Passport with at least 6 months validity and at least one blank page
- Purpose of visit to Angola : Documents, invitation letters addressed to Consular section of Embassy of Angola
- Green card, for foreigners permanently residing in the USA
- Travel itinerary (for transit visa: copy of airline tickets)
- US$141.00 visa application fee, may be in certified check or money order (personal checks are refused)
- US$100.00 as daily means of subsistence in Angola (bank statement or Letter from employer)
- For employment or work visa: (2 copies for each of the following)
- Authenticated or notarized copy of contract for employment from the company or organization hiring and sponsoring the applicants travel. Documents must be addressed to Consular section of the Angolan Embassy.
- Two extra copies of: application forms and passport sized photographs
- Applicant sworn agreement to abide by Angolan laws (notarized)
- Police Clearance to show that applicant has no imminent criminal records (authenticated by the Department of State)
- Medical health certificate, including HIV test results (notarized)
- Diploma/certificate of achievement, Resume, passport
- US$300.00 visa application fee, may be in certified check or money order (personal checks are refused)
- Personal appearances for visa application can be done at the Consular Section of the Embassy of Angola in Washington DC. They are open to the public from Monday to Thursday, 9:00AM to 3:00PM. They accept applications on Monday and Wednesday, from 9:30AM to 1:00PM, and release documents and visas on Tuesday and Thursday, from 12:00PM to 3:00PM. They are closed on Fridays.
- Ordinary visa processing time frequently only takes less than 15 days, but may take longer depending on the authorization of the Migration and Foreigners Services in Luanda. Ordinary visa holders can only stay in Angola for 90 days
- Processing time for work visas may take at least 45 days as long as all documents received are complete. Work visas are valid for two years and are not permitted to go beyond the length of the work contract. Work visas are good for multiple entries.
- Applications can also be submitted through self-stamped or prepaid Federal Express, UPS or DHL envelope (for the return of processed documents)to:
Embassy of Angola in the United States of America
2100-2108 16th Street NW
Washington, D.C., 20009
Applications sent by mail may require an additional day for processing and applicants will be the ones to pay for courier fees.