US citizens are required to secure a visa prior to traveling to the Pakistan. Processing of application usually takes 4-6 weeks. Applicants could be asked to appear for an interview.
- Completed application form. No column in the visa application form should be left blank. Incomplete forms with vague information will not be accepted. Where applicable copies of supportive documents should be submitted. Military personal also complete the additional form. Please click for form, In case of insufficient space provided in the columns of the form, applicants may use extra sheets.
- Four (4) recent passport size photographs (45mm high x35 mm wide), showing full face with no hat, helmet or sunglasses, (you can wear vision glasses) should be attached with the visa form.
- On arrival in Pakistan, immigration formalities are mandatory. (Police registration is applicable in certain cases)
- Normal processing time for visa is 4-6 weeks.
- Applicants could be asked to appear for an interview.
Additional requirements for Business Visa application:
- A letter of invitation and a letter from the sponsoring company are required. Business visa fee for US citizen is US$180.00.
- An additional form for Business visa is required.
- Attach a copy of recent bank statement for proof of funds.
- Applicant’s family “includes spouse, son, daughter, father, mother”
- If Visa application is submitted through mail, a self addressed prepaid envelope is mandatory.
- Five year multiple entry visa will be issued to the US citizens of Pakistan Origin on production of Pakistani passport or CNIC. For children born in the US, father’s or mother’s Pakistani passport or CNIC and child’s birth certificate is required. For foreign spouse, a copy of marriage certificate along with copy of the Pakistani passport or CNIC of the husband/wife is required.
- · If visa application is submitted through mail, self addressed pre-paid envelope is mandatory for the return of documents. The Embassy recommends the use of Express Mail for all deliveries. Please use the flat rate envelop. Current cost is : $18.30. Do not use Metered stamps. The Embassy does not accept any other form of return envelope. Click here for US Postal Services. Embassy will not be responsible for loss of documents in the mail.
- All fees are payable in US postal money orders or cashier cheques made payable to the Embassy of Pakistan. Please do not send cash or personal cheques. Please make sure to include your name and address on money orders or cashier cheques. All fees are non- refundable.
Visa fee: Visa fee is US$ 120.00 for US Citizen payable through money order, cashier cheque / bank draft or credit card. No cash will be accepted. Visa fee is non-refundable.
Important Notice: The information provided here are subject to change without prior notice. For confirmation on visa requirements and fees, you may consult with the Embassy or Consulate for Pakistan nearest you.