Canadian citizens are required to secure a visa prior to traveling to Niger. A valid Canadian passport is required for Canadians intending to visit Niger. Visitors are required to carry evidence of yellow fever vaccination.
For up-to-date visa information, please visit:
Embassy of Niger
38 Blackburn Avenue Ottawa,
Ontario, K1N 8A3, Canada
Telephone: (613) 232-4291 -4292
Fax: (613) 230-9808
- A passport valid for at least six months
- Three (3) visa forms to fill and signers (addresses in Canada and Niger, although accurate)
- Three (3) passport photos updated passport-size high quality and taken by a professional photographer (though include the full name on back)
- One (1) letter explaining the purpose of your visit to Niger
- A photocopy of your itinerary or airline ticket
- A prepaid envelope for return of your passport
- A money order (postal or bank money order or certified check) to:
- CAN $ 83.00 for a stay exceeding 30 days
- CAN $ 123.00 for a stay of one to three months
- CAN $ 160.00 multiple entry visa for a stay of three months maximum
- A vaccination certificate valid
- Proof of custody (father, mother, guardian) must accompany the passport of a minor
- The visa section is open Monday through Friday from 9 hours to 12 hours
- A minimum of 5 working days required for processing the application
- The term of visa validity runs from the date of entry to Niger.
- The Niger authorities no longer issue entry visas to Canadians upon arrival at the border.
Visa Processing Fees:
CAN $ 83.00 for a stay exceeding 30 days
CAN $ 123.00 for a stay of one to three months
CAN $ 160.00 multiple entry visa for a stay of three months maximum
Payment by debit card, Visa or cash is not accepted
Important Notice: The information provided here are subject to change without prior notice. For confirmation on visa requirements and fees, you may consult with the Embassy or Consulate for Niger nearest you.