Visa requirements for Mexico

Canada Passport Holders

As of March 1, 2010, Canadian citizens, including those with dual nationality, are required to present a valid passport in order to enter and exit Mexico. Canadians without a valid passport will be refused entry and returned to Canada. Permanent residents and landed immigrants of Canada should check for specific entry requirements with Mexico’s immigration authorities (Instituto Nacional de Migración, or INAMI). Canadian passport holders seeking to enter Mexico for purposes other than tourism are required to have a proper visa. Foreigners involved in unauthorized activities will be expelled. Please visit the website of the Embassy of Mexico in Canada for more information.

Click here for more information

Philippine Passport Holders

Filipinos who are intending to visit Mexico should have a valid Philippine passport and visa. The passport must be valid for at least six months beyond the date of your expected exit from the country.

General Requirements – Tourist Visa:

  1. Duly signed and filled up Application Form. Available from the Embassy or downloadable from the Mexican Embassy website. For minors, both parents must sign the application form.
  2. Philippine passport (with at least six months validity).
  3. Photocopies of your passport.
    GREEN PASSPORT: One (1) photocopy of the page of the passport with picture of passport holder, and of the last page where the signature of the Officer of the Department of Foreign Affairs, Embassy or Consulate of the Republic of the Philippines appears.

    MAROON PASSPORT: One (1) photocopy of the page of the passport with picture of passport holder and last page where the signature of the passport holder appears (if any).

  4. Two (2) pictures (1.5″ x 1.5″ (inch in size) on white background
  5. A photocopy of the U.S, Canadian, U.K., Japan, or Schengen Visa (if any) is required depending on the route of the trip.
  6. One valid identification card original and photocopy (photocopy the front and back side of the card)
    Please present any of the following:

    • Driver’s License
    • SSS / GSIS ID card
    • Company ID
    • Valid Student ID

Click here for more information

British Passport Holders

UK passport holders visiting Mexico as tourists do not need visas but tourist cards, which can be obtained by completing an immigration form available at border crossings or onboard flights to Mexico, are needed. On the other hand, they can be obtained from Mexican Consulates prior to travel. British citizens must have passports that are valid upon their arrival in Mexico. Visas are not required of UK passport holders for stays of up to 180 days.

Tourists are not permitted to accept voluntary (including Human Rights) work, or activity, or any form of paid work. If UK travelers intend to work while in Mexico, it is essential to obtain the correct visa. The Mexican Embassy can provide further information.

Click here for more information

American Passport Holders

All US passport holders traveling outside of the United States by air, land or sea are obliged to present a Western Hemisphere Travel Initiative (WHTI) compliant document such as a passport book or a passport card to come back to the United States. Legal permanent residents having their I-551 Permanent Resident card may board flights to the United States from Mexico.
Visas are not required of US passport holders to enter Mexico for stays of up to 180 days.

Click here for more information

VN:F [1.9.18_1163]
Rating: 0.0/10 (0 votes cast)
VN:F [1.9.18_1163]
Rating: 0 (from 0 votes)