All foreigners visiting Chad are required to be in possession of a valid entry visa prior to arrival in the country.
In some cases, foreigners originating in countries with no Chadian embassy or consulate may be able to obtain a visa upon arrival in the country; however, this process is usually limited to business or official travelers. Arrangements for this must be made by the traveler’s contact in Chad a number of days in advance of arrival.
- Valid passport
- 3 fully completed and duly signed visa application forms with a photo for each
- Confirmation from employer indicating the reason for the applicant’s travel to Chad and marking the date of departure from the U.S.
- Itinerary: Round trip ticket or valid reservation from a travel agency
- At least 2 empty pages in the passport
- Invitation letter
- Proof of payment of visa processing fee
- Self-addressed return envelope
Visa Processing Fee:
Fees must be paid via check from the US and Canada. Proof of payment must be submitted through a postal service such as DHL, Fedex, etc., along with the application form.
- Single entry valid for 1 month: US$100
- Multiple entry valid for 3 months: US$150
- Multiple entry valid for 6 months: US$200
Important Notice: Visitors must check in with the National Police within 72 hours of arrival to obtain a registration stamp. It is the traveler’s responsibility to become informed of security or travel warnings to their destination of choice.
You may send your applications, or direct inquiries to:
Embassy of Chad