US citizens who wish to visit Egypt must present a visa and valid passport. A renewable 30-day tourist visa is available on arrival at an Egyptian airport for US$15. However, those traveling by land, or holders of official or diplomatic passports and those who have previously had difficulty with their visa status in Egypt should obtain a visa prior to arrival in the country. Military personnel who are arriving in Egypt via commercial flights are also required to secure a visa beforehand.
- 2 pieces of 2 x 2 photos, recently taken.
- Passport valid for at least 6 months, with at least 1 blank page.
- For non-Americans: Photocopy of Green Card or valid US visa and photocopy of round-trip ticket or itinerary.
- For business visa: Letter from the company indicating the purpose of trip and financial guarantee from the company.
- Self-addressed, stamped, certified envelope for the return of the passport. The Embassy will not be held liable for loss of documents while in transit.
Visa Processing Fee:
The visa fee is US$15 for US citizens. Payments are to be made in cash or money order only, made payable to the Consulate of Egypt.
Important Notice: For more information, you may contact:
Egyptian Consulate, Washington, D.C.
Egyptian Consulate, New York City
1110 Second Avenue
New York, NY
Telephone: (212) 759-7120 / 7121 / 7122
Fax: (212) 308-7643
Egyptian Consulate, San Francisco
3001 Pacific Avenue
San Francisco, CA
Telephone: (415) 346-9700 / 9702 / 9352
Fax: (415) 346-9481
Egyptian Consulate, Houston
5718 Westheimer Road
Telephone: (713) 961-4915 / 961-4916 / 961-4407
Fax: (713) 977-0323
Egyptian Consulate, Chicago