Belize is a country that is near Mexico and Guatemala, and is part f Central America. Having the Caribbean Sea at the east, it is famous for its lovely beaches. Belize has a very diverse culture and rich history thanks to the many colonizers of the country throughout its past.
Tourism is one of the major income generating sources of Belize. Many tourists go to Belize to enjoy the natural beauty of the country and to experience the rich culture of the people. There are many eco-tours to natural historical locations, cultural group outreach and marine activity tours.
Philippine passport holders can travel to Belize as long as they have a visa and their passport is valid for at least six months. They will be allowed to stay in the country for 30 days. If they would like to extend their stay in Belize, they can apply for a stay extension at any of Belize’s Immigration Offices.
Belize visa requirements:
- Philippine passport (valid for at least 6 months)
- Fully accomplished and signed visa application form
- 2 passport-sized photographs
- Copies of travel itinerary and/or airline round trip tickets
- Proof of accommodation (Hotel reservations, contact information of friends or relatives in Belize)
- Proof of financial capability:
- Employment certificate of letter
- Bank statements
- Income tax return
- Paid visa application fees:
- Single entry – $50.00
- Multiple entry – $100.00
- Visa applications can be submitted in person at either the Consulate of Belize in Manila or in Cebu City
Consulate of Belize in Manila
5th Floor, Don Alfonso Sycip Building
UN Avenue corner Guerrero Street
Ermita, Manila 3382
Telephone: (+632) 338-8305
Fax: (+632) 338-8304
Consulate of Belize in Cebu City
J. F. Causing Building
Suite 209B, Legaspi Street
Telephone: (+63-32) 255-1487
Fax: (+63-32) 255-1487
- Application fees are to be paid in cash in their equivalent amount in Philippine peso.
- For travelers in Belize wanting to extend their stay they can apply for an extension at any Belize Immigration Office. There is an extension fee of BZD$60.00.
- There is a US$39.75 airport departure tax that is required for all travelers leaving Belize. The departure tax can only be paid in US dollars either by using a credit or debit card or by cash. Travelers without US dollars can change their money at an airport bank after presenting their passport and boarding pass to the teller.