Schengen visas are required of Filipino citizens intending to travel to Norway for tourism, business or to visit family and friends. Schengen visas are valid for stays up to 90 days within a six months period. Norway does not extend visas. You must not overstay your visa.
Visas can be applied for by going to the Embassy in Manila or through online using the Norwegian Application Portal. Applicants using the application portal are given priority. It is more convenient and less tedious than personal application.
Those applying at the embassy are to fill out the application form, pay the necessary visa fee then set an appointment via the application portal before submitting supporting documents or requirements at the embassy.
First time users of the application portal must first register as a user. After signing-up, an applicant may then apply for a visa, pay the processing fee (via credit card or debit card) and finally book an appointment at the embassy.
Documents required for Schengen visa application
- Passport with at least 3 months remaining validity after the intended
- Old or previous passports with visa or stamps to Schengen and other
- 1 passport size picture, recent
- Duly accomplished and signed application form- except for those who
- are applying online (application portal)
- Proof of occupation
- If employed: certificate of employment indicating position, number of years in the company, salary, approved leave of absence and a photocopy of company ID
- If self-employed: Business Name Registration Certificate (original), latest Income Tax Statement and proof of annual income
- If a student: proof of school ID, original certification of enrolment from the school where the applicant is currently enrolled
- Letter of invitation and copy of the passport of the person inviting: the
- invitation must state the nature of the trip, information about the person extending the invitation and relationship to the invitee. It must also say whether the person inviting is also a financial guarantor for the applicant.
- If visiting a family member: the letter of invitation must come from a biological family member.
- Proof of sufficient funds: Latest bank certificate and pay slip for the last
- 3 months.
- For Family Visits:
- If visiting a sibling: birth certificate of both siblings
- If visiting children: the child’s birth certificate
- If visiting parents: applicant’s birth certificate
- If visiting spouse: marriage certificate
- For Tourism
- Organized Tour: travel itinerary and confirmation of payment from the travel agency once the visa is granted
- Private Tour: travel itinerary including the countries or cities to be visited, confirmed hotel and transportation booking once the visa is granted
- For Business: letter of invitation from the company in Norway.
- Travel Insurance
- Marriage certificate for applicant’s who are married
- P3,600.00 for adults
- P2,100.00 for children aged 6-12.
If applying on paper, application fees are payable by Manager’s checks and should be payable to the Royal Norwegian Embassy.
Applicants should only purchase tickets when their visas have been granted. It must be good for 90 days or less since visas are only valid for 90 days.
Visa requirements may change without prior notice. It is important to check the website for updated visa requirements prior to submitting an application.
Norwegian Embassy in Manila
21/F Petron Mega Plaza Building
358 Senator Gil Puyat Avenue
1209 Makati City
Telephone: (63-2) 982-2700
Fax: (63-2) 982-2799
Monday to Friday
9am to 4pm