Philippine nationals need to obtain visas in order to enter Timor-Leste. Single entry visas are available on arrival for those intending to travel by air, for a maximum stay of 30 days. The visa fee is US$30 and is payable in US Dollars only. Those arriving in Timor-Leste by land are required to obtain visas before traveling.
As long as they can prove that they have valid grounds for staying, Filipinos can apply for extension of stay to the Immigration Department, in exchange for a fee of US$35 for up to 30 days and US$75 for an extension of stay between 30 and 60 days.
Travel to Timor-Leste is possible only via Indonesia and Australia. Transit visa requirements for the said countries should be obtained well in advance of travel.
General Requirements – Visa-on-Arrival:
- Fully accomplished arrivals card found at the border post.
- Canadian passport with validity exceeding that of the length of stay by 6 months. The passport must also contain at least 1 whole unused page for the visa sticker.
- Proof of intention of a genuine visit (tourist or business trip).
- Proof of accommodation arrangements.
- Return or onward tickets or present ability to fund departure.
- Evidence of sufficient funds to support the visitor for their length of stay in Timor-Leste. Each foreigner must have access to US$100 for each entry and US$50 for each day of stay.
- US$30 visa fee, in cash. There may be no ATM or money changing facilities at the border post. Travelers should carry the exact amount.
Filipinos intending to visit Timor-Leste are strongly advised to obtain the most current visa and entry requirements before traveling, as the information provided here are subject to change without prior notice.
Timor-Leste Consulate General
3rd Floor Richville Corporate Center
1314 Commerce Avenue
Alabang, Muntinlupa City
Telephone: (+632) 809-3944 / 809-0496
Fax: (+632) 809-4624