South African citizens are required to secure a visa prior to traveling to the People’s Democratic Republic of Algeria.
For the latest information on visa requirements, including visa fees, contact:
Embassy of Algeria
950 Arcadia Street
Telephone: 012 342 5074/75; 012 342 6345
Fax: 012 342 6479; 012 342 5078 ; 012 342 6343
Telex: 320078 EMBAL SA
- Two (2) fully-completed and signed copies of the application form
- Two recent passport sized photos
- A passport valid for at least six months
- Travel Insurance
- Payment of visa fees
General Requirements – Tourist Visa:
- A return ticket when traveling by air or sea,
- Any of the following:
- “certificat d’hebergement”signed by your host in Algeria and authenticated by the local authorities in your host’s home town, Please note that your host must be a resident of Algeria.
- Or a confirmation of a hotel booking.
- Or an invitation from an algerian travel agency.
Provide itinerary details including approximate dates and location to be visited.
General Requirements – Business Visa:
- Invitation or sponsorship letter from a company in Algeria,
- A recommendation letter of the company of employment.
General Requirements – Employment Visa:
A “work permit” or a “provisional work Permit” delivered by the services in charge of employment in Algeria. And a letter in which the employers certifies to undertake full financial responsibilities for repatriation of their foreign workers upon completion of their work contract.
Important Notice: The information provided here are subject to change without prior notice. For confirmation on visa requirements and fees, you may consult with the Embassy or Consulate for Algeria you.