UK citizens are not required to secure a visa prior to traveling to Rwanda for 30 days or less of stay. A valid passport for at least six months is required. Also, visitors may be asked to present a yellow fever vaccination certificate Kigali International Airport.
For up-to-date visa information, visit Rwanda High Commission’s website or its office at:
Rwanda High Commission UK
120 – 122 Seymour Place, London
Telephone: (020) 7224-9832
Fax: (020) 7724-8642
- Applicant must provide a valid passport for at least six months.
- Applicant must submit duly completed one (1) visa application form (pdf) in his/her own hand writing or in type.
- Applicant is required to provide two passport photographs with white background and both ears in view.
- Signed accompanying letter explaining the purpose for travelling to Rwanda.
- Proof of payment of £35(Non-Refundable/Non-Transferable) into High Commission Bank Account (see details below) for single entry visa.
- A stamped, self addressed and registered envelope must be included with an application submitted by mail. (UK Residents Only- Non-UK Residents must pay an additional £5.60 for postage)
- UK Travel Document (UN Convention of 1951) holders are requested to provide the above along with proofs of address in the form of a current bank statement or current Utility bill.
- The visa process takes 24 hours (48 Hours for Travel Documents) for a complete file
Additional requirements – Business/Multiple entry visa:
Please note that if you are planning to apply for business or multiple entry visas upon entry to Rwanda you will need to obtain UK police clearance. We advise you to obtain police clearance before travelling as this takes a minimum of 40 working days to process.
Please note: Because of the increased number of applicants, people are advised to give themselves enough time between the date of travel and application.
Visa Fees: £35.00
Please note: The High Commission can no longer accept cash or cheques for Visa applications.
All persons applying for a Visa should deposit the fee into the Commission Consular account shown below and submit their documents with proof of payment enclosed.
High Commission of Rwanda
Consular Account A/C No. 31437933
Sort Code: 40-05-22
IBAN No. GB30MIDL40052231437933
SWIFT Code. MIDLGB22
Address: HSBC Bank 18A
Curzon Street London W1J 7LA
Important Notice: The information provided here are subject to change without prior notice. For confirmation on visa requirements and fees, you may consult with the Embassy or Consulate for Rwanda near you.