Holders of the following British passports do not need visas when traveling to Sweden. They are normally allowed to stay as tourists for up to 3 months.
- British ‘European Community’ passport
- British ‘ Isle of Man’, ‘Jersey’ and ‘Guernsey and its dependencies’ passport.
- Travel Documents according with the Convention of July 28, 1951 (blue cover) or the Convention of September 28, 1954 (red cover)
- British Subject passport, with the additional entry: Holder has the right of abode in the United Kingdom.
- British Overseas Territories citizen passport, with the additional entry: Holder is defined as a UK National for community purposes.
- British National Overseas (BNO) passport
Visitors from the UK should ensure that their passports are valid for at least 6 months beyond the expected date of departure from Sweden, proof of sufficient funds to support themselves, travel medical insurance, proof of purpose of stay and return or onward tickets at the end of their sojourn in Sweden.
Those intending to stay for a longer period in Sweden must contact a Migration Board office to obtain the most current requirements.
General Requirements – Business Visa:
- Fully accomplished and duly signed Schengen Visa application form.
- Fully completed Questionnaire for Business Visa applicants.
- British passport must not be 10 years old and valid for at least 3 months beyond the date of expected departure from Sweden, containing 2 blank pages.
- 2 passport size photos with white background. Must not be older than 6 months.
- Proof of purpose of visit:
- Letter of invitation from applicant’s Swedish business partner detailing the nature of visit and duration of stay as well as the Swedish Company’s Registration Certificate.
- If visiting Swedish office of company: Letter of invitation issued by the Swedish office.
- Evidence of occupation status: Proof of present occupation in the UK (letter from employer, solicitor, etc.).
- Evidence of sufficient funds to cover the expenses to be incurred for the duration of stay in Sweden (original recent bank statement, traveler’s cheques or postal order)/
- Valid personal travel medical insurance for 30,000 Euros.
- Prepaid special delivery envelope from the post office. All passports are returned by post. If this is not provided for, a postage fee will be charged to the applicant.
- Photocopies of passport (the photo page and UK permit page) and those of other original documents such as bank statements and marriage certificates should be attached to the application if the applicant wishes to keep the originals. The Embassy does not return any documents.
Visa Processing Fee:
The visa processing fee is payable only in cash, cheque or by postal order. This fee should be paid upon submission of application and is non-refundable.
- Adults: Equivalent of €60 (at present £53)
- Children 6-12 years: Equivalent of €35 (at present £31)
The information provided here is subject to change without prior notice. British citizens intending to visit Sweden must always confirm the requirements before traveling.
Embassy of Sweden
11 Montagu Place
Telephone: (020) 7917-6400 / 7917-6413 (Visas)
Fax: (020) 7724-4174 / 917-6475 (Passports and Visas)
Email: email@example.com (Visa Section)