British nationals intending to travel to Syria need visas and passports. They must obtain visas from the Syrian Embassy in London and ensure that their passports are valid for a minimum of six months beyond their expected trip to Syria.
British travelers need to be aware that if their passports contain Israeli stamps or stamps from other countries that have border crossing points with Israel, they will be refused entry to Syria.
Foreigners planning to go on side-trips to Lebanon or Jordan are strongly advised to obtain double or multiple entry visas for Syria while still in their country of residence, as these are difficult to obtain in Syria. Those wishing to stay for more than 15 days must apply for extensions at a Syrian immigration office in order to avoid facing penalties and difficulties.
- UK passport containing 2 blank pages and have a remaining validity of at least 6 months upon submission.
- 2 colored passport size photographs.
- 2 fully accomplished and duly signed visa application forms. These are to be filled out online, and subsequently printed, using the Syrian Embassy online application form which you can find on their Syrian Embassy website, under the online visa form.
- Letter from current employer on company stationery confirming visa applicant’s employment and current position.
- For applications by post: Registered or recorded self-addressed envelope with exact postage.
- Non-refundable visa processing fee.
- The Embassy reserves the right to ask for additional documentation when deemed necessary.
- Visa applicants should refrain from purchasing airline tickets to Syria until they have been granted a visa.
- Visa processing usually takes 6 working days. Press/Media visa applications usually take 10 working days.
Visa Processing Fee:
The visa processing fees vary depending on an applicant’s nationality. For those applying in person, cash payment is required; while those applying by post are mandated to send a postal order, payable to the Syrian Embassy. Irish passport holders should provide cash as bank drafts from Ireland are not accepted by the Embassy.
British passport holders:
- Single entry, validity of 3 months: 30 GBP
- Multiple entry, validity of 6 months: 50 GBP
Irish passport holders:
- Single entry, validity of 1 month: 29 GBP
- Multiple entry, validity of 6 months: 57 GBP
The information provided here is subject to change without prior notice. For further confirmation and clarification, please contact:
8 Belgrave Square
Telephone: (020) 7245 9012
Fax: (020) 7235 4621