Tourist visas can be obtained upon arrival by British passport holders at the airport in Dili, provided that they have satisfied all immigration requirements. The tourist visa fee is US$30. Those arriving in Timor-Leste overland are required to obtain their visas in advance. Additionally, those traveling to Timor-Leste via air must transit through Singapore; Darwin, Australia; or Bali, Indonesia. All visitors are advised to obtain the transit visa requirements for the above-mentioned territories.
General Requirements – Visa-on-Arrival:
- Fully accomplished arrivals card found at the border post.
- British passport with validity of 6 months beyond the date of entry into Timor-Leste. The passport must also contain at least 1 whole unused page for the visa sticker.
- Proof of intention of a genuine visit (tourist or business trip).
- Proof of accommodation arrangements.
- Return or onward tickets or present ability to fund departure.
- Evidence of sufficient funds to support the visitor for their length of stay in Timor-Leste. Each foreigner must have access to an equivalent of US$100 for each entry and US$50 for each day of stay.
- US$30 visa fee, in cash. There may be no ATM or money changing facilities at the border post.
There is no representation for Timor-Leste in the United Kingdom. All British nationals intending to travel to Timor-Leste should obtain the most up-to-date visa and entry requirements at the nearest Embassy of Timor-Leste.
Embassy of Timor-Leste, Brussels – Europe Union
Avenue de Cortenbergh 12
Telephone: (+322) 280-00-96
Fax: (+322) 280-02-277
Postal Address: P.O.Box 198, 1040 Brussels, Belgium