British passport holders are required to obtain visas before they can enter Uganda. Visa applications can be lodged at the Ugandan High Commission in London, or obtained at Entebbe Airport upon arrival. They must also have at least 6 months’ remaining validity beyond the intended departure date from Uganda on their British passports, as well as carry with them an international certificate for yellow fever vaccination. Visitors must also possess proof of inoculation against polio if they are traveling with children below 5 years old.
- Fully accomplished and duly signed visa application form.
- Original passport with validity of 6 months from proposed date of entry into Uganda.
- 1 passport size photograph.
- For business purposes: Letter of invitation or introduction from counterpart in Uganda.
- For applications sent by post: Stamped, self-addressed and registered envelope for returning of passport.
- Visa fee, non-refundable.
- In addition to the above-mentioned, applicants may be required to submit more supporting documents when deemed necessary.
- Visa applicants are advised against purchasing airline tickets before obtaining a visa.
- Incomplete application forms will not be processed.
- Visa processing takes 1 business day (e.g., 24 hours and collection is on the next working day).
Visa Processing Fees:
Visa fees are to be paid in cash (exact amount) or by a postal money order made payable to the Uganda High Commission upon submission of the visa application. Cheques are not accepted.
- Single entry, valid for 3 months from date of issue: £25.00
- Multiple entry, valid for 6 months from date of issue: £65.00
- Multiple entry, valid for 6-12 months from date of issue: $100.00
- Multiple entry, valid for 24 months from date of issue: $150.00
- Multiple entry, valid for 36 months from date of issue: $200.00
- Student entry: $100
The information provided here may change without notice. British nationals should confirm the most current visa and entry requirements for Uganda before traveling.
Uganda High Commission
58/59 Trafalgar Square
Telephone: (020) 7839-5783
Fax: (020) 7839-8925