British citizens do not need visas to enter Ukraine for stays of up to 90 days for touristic or business reasons. However, British citizens intending to gain employment, to study or reunite with family, etc., will need to obtain the appropriate visas beforehand.
- Fully accomplished and duly signed visa application form.
- Valid British passport or travel document, with validity of at least 1 month beyond the proposed date of departure from Ukraine.
- 2 recent passport size photographs.
- All contact telephone numbers for the applicant.
- For employment visa: Work permit, issued by the Ministry of Employment in Ukraine.
- For student visa: Original letter of invitation from a University/College in Ukraine or a letter from the Ministry of Education in Ukraine.
- For non-British citizens, tourist visa: Tourist voucher with confirmation of hotel booking from a hotel in Ukraine. The confirmation letter must be in proper form, with an authorization signature, stamp and detailing the full name of the person and booking period (faxed copy is acceptable).
- For non-British citizens, business visa (single/double entry): Letter of invitation from a relevant Ukrainian company or organization, detailing the visa applicant’s full name and purpose of visit.
- For non-British citizens, business visa (multiple entry): Letter of invitation from Ukraine together with a letter from the applicant’s employer. Both letters have to be detailed, stating the nature and purpose of business conducted in Ukraine, explaining the necessity for a multiple-entry visa. A copy of a registration certificate of a company or representative office in Ukraine should also be included.
- For non-British citizens, private visa: Original letter of invitation issued by the Passport and Immigration Department of a local Police Station in Ukraine.
- The documents can be submitted or collected personally or by a courier. Recorded/registered postal services are strongly recommended. The Consular/Visa Section cannot be held responsible for loss of documents and passports.
- Incomplete documents and application forms will not be accepted for consideration and will be returned to the applicant unprocessed.
- The Consular/Visa Section strongly advises against purchasing airline tickets before obtaining visas.
- The Consular/Visa Section reserves the right to request for additional documentation when deemed necessary.
- Although the passport validity requirement is only for 1 month beyond the duration of expected stay in Ukraine, travelers are strongly advised to confirm their carrier’s passport validity requirement. As a general rule, a validity of 6 months beyond the date of travel is recommended for international journeys.
- A list of visa fees and types are available here.
All British citizens who wish to travel to Ukraine are advised to contact the Ukrainian Embassy to verify their visa, entry and exit requirements. The above-mentioned are subject to change at any time.
Consular and Visa Section
78 Kensington Park Road
Telephone: (020) 7243-8923
Fax: (020) 7727-3567