All British passport holders need visas to enter Zambia. Single entry visas are obtainable at ports of entry, while multiple entry visas should be requested from the Zambian High Commission in London.
Any foreigner caught overstaying the validity of their visas, with expired residence permits or working without a permit (even voluntary, non-remunerated work) risk arrest, detention and deportation. Individuals or organizations claiming to be able to obtain residence and work permits from the Immigration Department for foreigners are of dubious legality and should be avoided.
British nationals traveling to Zambia must ensure that their passports are valid for at least 6 months upon arrival and contain at least 2 blank visa pages.
- Original British passport, with validity of at least 6 months beyond the intended departure date from Zambia and containing 2 blank visa pages.
- 2 fully accomplished and duly signed visa application forms (downloadable in PDF or DOC formats), submitted with the following:
- 2 recent passport size (2” x 2”) photographs
- Photocopy of passport page containing personal details
- Tickets for return or onward travel or confirmed ticket booking or itinerary
- For business visa:
- Official cover letter specifying in brief detail the nature of their intended transactions in Zambia, and/or
- Copy of work permit from their sponsor or prospective employers
Note: Business Visitors are entitled to Thirty (30) days visit in any given period of twelve (12) months.
- For tourist visa:
- copy of their flight itinerary or a copy of ticket
- If available, include a copy of Tour itinerary
- For visitor visa:
- Letter of invitation from host/s in Zambia containing information on the host (name and address); the applicant’s name; length of stay in Zambia and purpose of visit.
- For applications by post: Prepaid, self-addressed return envelopes. Mail complete application package to:
The Zambia High Commission
2 Palace Gate
- Visa applicants should answer all the fields on the visa application and provide all the necessary supporting documentation.
- Incomplete application packages will be placed in the pending box or returned to the applicant, unprocessed.
- Please allow 3-5 business days for processing.
Visa Processing Fees:
Payments should be made using postal order or bank draft cheques only. Personal, company and foreign cheques are not accepted. The fees should be made payable to the Zambian High Commission.
- Single entry/Transit visa: £35.00
- Double entry/Transit visa: £60.00
- Multiple entry/Transit visa: £60.00
The visas are valid for 6 months from the date of issue for British passport holders.
The information contained herein is subject to change without prior notice. British passport holders have the responsibility of obtaining the most up-to-date visa, entry and exit requirements for Zambia.
High Commission for the Republic of Zambia
2 Palace Gate
Telephone: (020) 7589 6655
Fax: (020) 7581 1353