British citizens require visas in order to be allowed to enter Yemen. Visas must be obtained in advance of planned travel from the Embassy of Yemen in London.
- Fully accomplished and duly signed visa application form.
- Original and signed UK passport with remaining validity of at least 6 months.
- 2 passport size photographs, recently taken.
- Copy of round trip tickets or itinerary.
- For tourism purposes:
- Copy of invitation letter from family or friends in Yemen.
- Copy of tourist voucher issued by tourist company or hotel in Yemen with the approval of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
- For business purposes:
- Copy of letter from the applicant’s employer on business letterhead. The letter should include the employers contact details and state that a leave of absence has been granted to the applicant; the purpose and duration of the trip and guarantee that the applicant will return to his/her job. For self-employed individuals, a copy of the business license and tax return is required. For retired individuals, a proof of retirement fund.
- Original business letter from the host company in Yemen detailing the purpose of the trip, dates of arrival and departure and guaranteeing sufficient funds.
Foreigners wishing to study in Yemen are required to obtain a letter from the British Embassy in Sana’a. This letter will require parental consent before it can be issued to minors.
The above-mentioned requirements are subject to change at any time. Travelers should check with the Yemeni Embassy in advance of planned travel to ensure that they have the most current information.
Embassy of the Republic of Yemen
57 Cromwell Road
Telephone: (020) 7584-6607 / 7581-4039 (Consular Trade & Health)
Fax: (020) 7589-3350