US citizens require a passport, visa, tickets for return or onward travel and proof of adequate funds in order to enter Zimbabwe. Visas for tourism, business or transit can be obtained at ports of entry. Alternately, US citizens can lodge visa applications in advance through the Embassy of Zimbabwe. Upon arrival in Zimbabwe, US citizens are urged to keep all travel documents readily available, along with a list of addresses where they will reside for the duration of their stay in Zimbabwe. In addition, all foreigners should carry some form of identification at all times.
Those with intentions to reside or work in Zimbabwe must obtain a work permit before entering the country. The work permit is to be submitted by the applicant’s sponsor at any Zimbabwean Immigration office for approval by the Zimbabwean Chief Immigration Officer.
Anyone caught working without the correct permissions risk arrest, detention and deportation. Health practitioners must obtain license to practice in Zimbabwe from the Medical and Dental Practitioners Council of Zimbabwe. Those intending to support and participate in the HIV/AIDS clinical care or treatment activities must closely coordinate with the Ministry of Health and Child Welfare’s AIDS and TB unit to make sure that they conform to national rules and standards.
Likewise, journalists intending to carry out any form of reporting or official photography must obtain proper accreditation at least 1 month in advance of travel.
- 2 fully accomplished and duly signed visa application forms.
- 2 passport size photographs. Please staple 1 to each form.
- Original US passport with validity of at least 6 months beyond the intended departure date from Zimbabwe.
- For business visa: letter of invitation from Zimbabwe on company letterhead, hotel reservation confirmation, flight itinerary (2) – staple one to each form.
- For tourist visa: tour itinerary, hunting permit (2) – staple one to each form.
- For applications sent by mail: Self-addressed, stamped US Postal Service Express Mail envelope. If using one return envelope for multiple applications, indicate names of all applicants outside envelope. The Embassy does not accept air bills for DHL, Federal Express or UPS; for those outside the US, applicants must make arrangements for return by US Postal Service.
- Visa fees, non-refundable.
- Processing time is 7-10 business days from receipt of application.
- Visas are valid for 6 months and are effective from date of issue.
- Incomplete applications will be returned unprocessed; processed applications will be held until the required return postage is received.
- The Embassy reserves the right to require additional supporting documents.
Visa Processing Fees:
Visa fees are payable in US$ by money order or bank draft to the “Embassy of Zimbabwe”. Personal checks are not accepted.
- Single entry visa per person: US$60.00
The above-mentioned are subject to change without prior notice. Please contact the Embassy of Zimbabwe to ensure the most current visa information before traveling.
Embassy of the Republic of Zimbabwe
1608 New Hampshire Avenue
Telephone: (202) 332-7100
Fax: (202) 483-9326